Are you an experienced and international oriented Quality, safety and Environment Leader? Do you have solid experience in leading APQP Engineers in New Product Development? Are you ready to strategically lead the Advanced QSE Expert team in Chennai? If you are able to influence, collaborate freely with wide stakeholders, communicate with purpose and drive a forward, you could be our Head of Advanced QSE Experts.
Head of Advanced QSE Experts
Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Global QSE, Global Development & Excellence, Advanced QSE Experts
Global QSE leads the global approach to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment in Vestas throughout the value chain. The function supports both very strategic & operational QSE tasks, leads towards achieving the QSE objectives and targets, as well as leads the Global Management System and its certification against ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Global Development & Excellence is a global function under Global QSE with focus on leading group wide Management systems, Advanced QSE, HSE Analysis, QSE Performance Management, QSE Methods, Tools & Awareness, QSE Service Centre and Six sigma & Continuous Improvement across the value chain. People are located mainly in India and Denmark and drive global activities collaborating with the regional QSE resources, Business partners, Product development teams, Factories and other functions.
We are looking for a Head of Advanced QSE experts to lead a newly established “Advanced QSE Experts” team with competence in Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental activities during new product development for projects globally from Chennai.
- Accountable to lead and ensure quality, safety and environmental deliverables in Vestas way to Market (VWtM) is delivered according to plan and expected quality with first time right.
- Ensure that the QSE Deliverables and the associated business processes are matured and improved continuously through fact/data analysis.
- Ensure that the strategy of Global Development & Excellence are cascaded to Advanced QSE Experts organization and execute the strategy in a timely manner.
- Accountable to manage the stakeholder’s requirement across value chain and translate that into a strategy for the department.
- Responsible to ensure that the department Budget and forecast are according to plan
- Responsible to develop competence in the department to meet the needs of business and stakeholders and deliver value to business.
- Ensure that the team members are kept motivated and create a high-performance culture in the team to deliver excellent results.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or equivalent.
- MBA or Equivalent executive education will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 years’ work experience, preferably in an international environment. Minimum 10 Years’
- experience in quality, safety & environment area.
- At least 6-8 years of leadership experience in driving the QSE in new Product development
- Exposure to work on a Multi-Cultural Environment and Experience in handling certification bodies.
- Exceptional Knowledge of Business Process Management in Complex environment.
- Certification in Six sigma (Greenbelt/black belt) will be an added advantage.
- Leadership skills in change management; managerial courage.
- Exceptional cooperation, Conflict Management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage Stakeholders in a complex and matrix organization globally.
- Customer-focused, proactive and result-oriented.
- Ability to Influence and Motivate people, Good Team Player.
- Ability to develop customer relationships (internal) and Balance the stakeholders’ requirements.
- Highly collaborative and willing to go extra mile.
What we offer:
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.You will be part of highly qualified professional force leading the change in vestas in the Advanced QSE
function in New Product development.
The primary work location is Chennai, India. You can expect up to 50 days travel per year.
Please contact Saravanan at 044-6608 8021 for further details.
“Karuveli” RaSa. Mahendran